Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mad Men sitch looking good now

This week is "I-wish-I-stayed-home-and-babies" week. I have a hatred-pit in my stomach and every time I try to move forward on a project I get shot down by my personal favorite - lack of motherfucking communication. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....I spent the afternoon spewing vitriol to my producer and another fellow minion.

Then one of our ADs stalked past me looking for her main creative who was missing an important client meeting (try not to be shocked). I realized right there that my job is about hunting people down - scheduling meetings, hounding clients, pushing production folks to meet deadlines. Why this came as a shock I don't know. But when the AD (who is a delight) marched past me barking for the GCD, I just thought Holy Shit. This is forever.

And then I took the next logical step... if this will always be this way, does it make more sense for me to run a family & a house? Sure, it's just as thankless and frustrating. But at least my husband won't come home and say "Hey can you do a face sheet for clients that you don't know? I mean, I know I have an admin and all but you would love this fool's errand!"

Yes. Having children and staying at home is not easy. And NOT fun. But sometimes, the mom grass is a little greener. Which is why I call it the "stay-home-and-have-babies" WEEK. Or mood, if you prefer. Next week I will go visit a good friend with an undoubtedly gorgeous child that refuses to sleep or has learned to scream the word "NO" or poops all over their crib regularly and I will think OH THANK GOD MY CREATIVE TEAM DOESN'T POOP IN THEIR OFFICE.

No comments: